Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Live from Lincoln Center('s lobby)


Balthrop, Alabama is making its Lincoln Center debut this Christmas. Lincoln Center has a great new performance space over there--the David Rubenstein Atrium--with an amazing projection system built right into it and I aim to draw all over it. If you're in town you should come on along on December 16 at 8:30.

Then, on December 17--just one night later--we're taking the show over to Joe's Pub for a late night Christmas romp. We're gonna bring along some friends for the second show and it should be a blast.

I made this video using the iPad Brushes program. I've been playing with the drawing programs on the Ipad a lot lately since I got one for a conference on Creativity in Oklahoma last week. I've been thinking a lot about this drawing tool lately, but not enough to write anything about it yet. I'm interested in what folks think though, so if you are so inclined, drop me a note . . .

See you at Lincoln Center! And Joe's Pub!

2 Comments:

Blogger 선미 (Sunmi) said...

Hi! I have been following your blog for quite a while now, even though I haven't commented before now. I just want to let you know that I love your drawing style, and it's fascinating to watch the process.

I haven't had a chance to even touch an iPad yet ^^ so I don't know what all is possible to do with one. But I think so far this video is one of my favorites. You have a way of conveying the small details using simple lines, that bring a drawing to life, and the use of subtle shading and colors on the iPad app enhanced the effect, I think.

Well, I'm nothing of an expert, but that's what I think anyway. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Well, that's much appreciated.

It's funny, I've been working on an animation that's got a lot of very detailed drawings in it--It's one of the reasons my blog postings have dropped--so, I've found the Brushes ap on the iPad to be a lot of fun to play with as a way of resting my grip.

That said, I find a lot of people asking me which is better, drawing with pen or using the iPad and it baffles me. One isn't better than the other--they're just different!

But, I really enjoy the way the Brushes ap allows you to export the process--it's kind of a creative challenge to keep the flow of the drawing going so it looks good as an animation.

Thanks for commenting!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home