Friday, June 20, 2008

Passing Through


Look at that guy!

Bernie and Therese joined us at last night's show and Chris will be here soon.

Last night we went out for a late night hot dog at this place on Clark street where drunken college students go to be yelled at. Dawn had read about it somewhere and had heard that sometimes the large women who work the counter show their breasts, so she approached with camera ready. Sure enough, as we came through the door, music was playing and breasts were swinging, but when the woman saw Dawn's camera she covered up and screamed, "you ain't seeing nothing 'cause of that bitch!!!"

"It was just like you said, Dawn! Everything was just like you said!" said Lauren as we ate our fries and sausages and tried to see if any of it had shown up on film.

My cousins, aunt and sister were at the show and it was one of the best ones so far; Bernie says the band has never sounded so tight, but he's still jet-lagged from Japan so he may not be the best barometer. Cousin Tommy got my autograph for Aunt Pat, but I signed it kind of sloppy; I hope she knows it was me. Liz was there too and we danced during the final song of Dawn's set like it was prom or something. I bet if she knew we were gonna come to her, she wouldn't have flown all the way to Chicago for the last Joe's show.

We're off to Kentucky now to start the Southern swing, with our little town and our big plans and I have to say, I think I really love this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love reading about this. It's better than any tv show. Well, except for "Slings and Arrows." That one was really good!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home