Monday, November 13, 2006

Balthrop Ballpoint



Thank God Chris had a pen in his pocket, because for some strange reason I left mine at home. It was a Fall-Cafe- ball-point pen, which makes sense because half the people in the band work at the Fall and the other half--like me--are there every day, drinking coffee.

Anyway, tonight I went to see Balthrop, Alabama performing over at the Red Hook Bait and Tackle and from the moment they started playing Waiting on a Train, a smile was on my face. Honestly, I sat there dreaming of a time when I would have a big fancy art-show and they'd play the party, because it's all about me.

Now, usually I'd be reluctant to put up a sketchy sketch like this, but it caught the mood and I promised I would.

Next week they're playing in Carroll Gardens at Rocketship. I'll put the details up here later or check out their website for further info. I'll be there because they are now one of my two favorite bands made up of people I know.

Also, be sure to sign up for their mailing list, because then you get access to a demo of their album which I am listening to right now and I swear you want it. I'm talking especially to you Jonny and Allison.

Oh.

Ghost Runner
. That's the other band. And they've got a new album out and everything.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Arthur said...

You won't be disappointed. Listen especially to the songs Tell The Stars, Explode and Love to Love You and you will smile just like me . . .

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mad Cat Quilts said...

Dr Fluffy...?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

I'll let Jonny explain . . .

10:46 AM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

uhm.

great.

Thanks Jonny.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home