Monday, October 16, 2006

Do You See What I See . . . ?


I'd like to say that Kara Walker was my inspiration.

I'd like to say that I was responding to Ashley when she told me that if I wanted to get attention for my blog I should be controversial.

I'd like to say that the minstrel character is as American as Mickey Mouse because, well, Mickey Mouse is a minstrel character--and, if he wasn't, we wouldn't be changing copyright law for The Walt Disney Company.

But, the truth is, I was sitting alone on a cold island in Canada last night and I had stopped the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because the commentary by Marti Noxon and David Fury was . . . uhm . . . kind of boring. I wasn't really paying attention to what happened to the TV screen when I stopped the DVD, because I started playing guitar; but when I looked up . . . there it was. The screen-saver, DVD logo was looking at me and it looked like a face.

I've always been fascinated by the subliminal. I never get tired of pointing out that arrow in the Federal Express logo (thanks 60 Minutes). Still . . . This is creepy . . .

And, yes--I was.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the FedEx arrow

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home