Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Kvetch


Jackie Hoffman is one of the bedrock performers at Joe's Pub. She performs several times a year, always brings a great audience and always delivers an outrageous and funny show.

Last night I got to bring my cousin Maude along to see the place and give her her first exposure to Jackie Hoffman. I'm not sure how she felt about buying the CD, but I do know that she left the place knowing that "Live at Joe's Pub" was available at all fine venues and makes a great stocking stuffer for anyone who still thinks it's the holiday season. I also know that Maude laughed a lot--even though she felt like some things probably shouldn't have been as funny as they were--and would probably have gone to see Xanadu if it had still been open. Of course, if Xanadu had still been open, Jackie would have had less to kvetch about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home