Monday, September 29, 2008

Prelude


Tal Yarden during his presentation at CUNY's Prelude Festival last week.

I know it seems like I've been AWOL of late, but I've just been busy drawing elsewhere for other things.

For example, last week I got to be part of The Prelude Festival. It was kind of an honor to be asked to participate in the Festival and it was pretty inspiring to be around all the artists and academics discussing the state of theatre and performance. Back in grad-school I used to go to conferences like this and get in trouble for sitting in the back, doodling. Now it's not only what I do, but it's cutting edge. It's been a long journey to arrive in the same place.

At any rate, if you'd like to see the drawings from the Festival check them out here. WNYC has something about the event here and there's a great story about just what The Prelude Festival is over here at Time Out New York.

Also, this Friday, join us at The Public Theater for the opening of the Joe's Pub Gallery of my drawings and Kevin Yatarola's photography. We'll be going from 6:30-8:30 and I'm pretty proud of it. I hope you can make it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this drawing!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home