Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Word of Explanation or What's So Funny?


Everything. Everything is funny--or should be.

All through the summer, I've been working on some very large drawings. They take a long time and they're too big for my scanner and I really have intended them for a show at some point along the way, rather than the ether of the internet.

They can also make me a little blue. Or they come from something in me that is a little blue. Or they're trying to capture something in the city I live in that has a tinge of blue. Or doing them, sitting alone in my apartment makes me sing the blues.

You know, figuratively; I'm not actually singing.

Mostly, I'm listening to NPR pod-casts.

Anyway.

It has felt completely right--healing even--but it has also been hard, which usually means it's what I'm supposed to be doing.

Still, as an antidote, I've been trying to make more cartoons--gag panels to cheer me up and make me laugh; some pop songs to turn to when the blues singers let the harp-solo go on too long.

So.

That's what's up with all the cartoons.

In case you were wondering.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always seem to out do yourself. i love this drawing!! oxox

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home