Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's Time . . .


It's been a long hot summer, but there's a breeze in the morning air and everyone left the city to us this weekend.

We celebrated birthdays, listened to music, played some Guitar Hero and took in a movie or two. We talked about the long bike trips and the distant travels. We rode the roller-coasters until we nearly passed out. We played in the park and over-indulged. We avoided an early trip to the hospital--let's wait the full remainder of six weeks or so, shall we? We ate some cheese and strawberries. We tried to clean, really we did. Some of us started thinking about packing and some of us dreamed of the so-close-I-can-taste-it homecoming.

And did I mention that I'll be performing as a guest artist with the Indianapolis Symphony in October? Don't quote me on it, but let's call this a teaser.

Come along, Fall; I've been waiting. Besides, they say that this year Fall is the new summer . . .

Into the Next . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your next sounds like it might be more intriguing than my next. But! I put three kids on the bus at 7:13 a.m. for the first time ever this morning. Then I walked around my house listenting to the silence. So, let's just see what comes next.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Just think; somewhere in all that silence is an all new noise waiting to be heard . . .

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home