Monday, May 12, 2008

Blame it on the Bossa Nova


Luciana Souza with band and child playing songs from her new album.

Herb Alpert and Lani Hall.

Mr. Alpert noted that they had no cds to sell, no t-shirts, no product of any kind; they had just heard that Joe's Pub was a place they had to play. Chris had asked me to bring him back some memento of the show because he's a big fan--plus it was Sid Vicious's birthday--so I gave him my ticket-stub. I was going to ask Mr. Alpert to sign it but, when he looked at the drawing he requested a dimple, so the moment didn't feel right.

Later that night, I got my hair cut on the sidewalk outside the Bar Great Harry. It's a little lop-sided; go figure. But I don't blame Alex . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Mad Cat Quilts said...

it's so fun that there is that built in back round at joes!!
Best,
-m

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home