Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bright Makes Right


My Brightest Diamond played songs to start and finish the Joe's Pub debut of The Happy Ending Music and Reading Series last night. The music was one of those breathtaking performances that reminds me how special it is to be a part of Joe's Pub, to be that close to amazing talent, to share the experience with such small and appreciative audiences.

The show was hosted by Amanda Stern and featured readings by Daphne Carr, Alec Hanley Bemis (who looks sort of like Satan in a way)(because of the horns and red make-up)(but with no tail) and Rob Sheffield, all of whom read tales of the importance and relevance of music to lives lived.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are great! thanks for coming to the show...

4:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

You're welcome. I'll never tell anyone about the Popeye's Fried Chicken.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael, I just want to say thanks for drawing me and all the other readers/performers last night. So cool. I've never been drawn in real time before. I'm happy to see that's not a gift restricted only to people in courtrooms. Ha!

ALSO, what a neat surprise to see your sketch of Josh from Balthrop too! He's an old friend from the 'hood.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the drawing of the girl on the far left, her expression is serene and vacant.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one my FAVORITE drawings of yours. I really like the contrast between tall and short figures in the center, and the bookending angelic and devilish figures on the outside. It also totally captures a moment in the show AND a moment in NYC history, because of their stylized clothing. Loves it!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home