Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring Is In The Air; Now I Need It To Stick Around Longer Than A Day


I miss the subtlety of weather.

When I was a kid, seasons came one after the other, not like this Hourly Schizophrenic Climate Blues. It's hot. It's cold. It's sunny. It's raining. It is at once warm, yet frigid; the weekly weather calendar has become like a fine-art description--it is both this and the opposite. Well, that's fine for art, but I'm living in the real world and we get tired of the Both/And scenario when you start applying it to the temperature

Being reasonable--despite my readiness for Summer--I am willing to accept Spring in the meantime. I want to see bare arms and legs. I'm ready for some cleavage and tan lines. But,I will take bonnets and pale blues to start things rolling.

We've been having a bit of a late-winter funk recently, but things must be shifting at the tectonic level because the smiles are returning to our faces and the music the other night was sweet yet tart. The Both/And scenario is perfectly fine when it comes to the songs; anyone can tell you that--that's what pop music is all about.

I just want warmer weather to go along with this new mood in my heart.

That's all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am astonished by yet accustomed to this entry. so compelling and at the same time everyday. these are the brilliant yet dull days of our lives.
now just give me a bonnet and a dress and i'll be good to go.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Now, THAT'S some fine art criticism.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the bird flying and landing in its shoes. Hopefully I will land-- finish the diss. and move on--sooner rather than later. Loved our time together.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Me too. Come back soon, cuz . . .

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home