Monday, July 10, 2006

Jet Lag



Ten days ago, Rob and I arrived in Tokyo somewhere around four in the afternoon, after an uncomfortable 14 hour flight. We struggled to stay up late enough to get an actual night's sleep, but it was rough and we ended up unconscious at 8:30 or so and found ourselves wide awake around 4:30-5, the next several mornings. The first thing we did was walk over to the Imperial Palace, where we waited because we were there like three hours before it opened. So, I drew this and Rob studied the guide book and we sat there having no idea how much fun we were about to have.

It's ten days later and I'm jet-lagged in reverse now. This morning was yesterday and--at least on paper--we got back to New York before we left Tokyo. And I've napped a bit, but I'm trying to make it to ten, so I can begin the process of resetting my internal clock . . .

I've got more drawings from the trip to share, but it will have to wait until my brain is working again . . .

But, it's good to be back . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you back
missed your blog entrties
i cant wait to hear all about your trip

9:09 AM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

"Fluffy Essence" is the name of my dandruff shampoo . . .

I hope I get to see you soon--I'm going out of town this weekend with John and Shana and Cheesy for a wedding, but maybe next week . . . ?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home