Thursday, June 28, 2007

Faith


Sinead O'Connor dropped by the other night to debut songs from her new album, Theology. It's a work of real beauty and the show was one of those things where everyone started breathing in the same rhythm and I could swear I was awake and asleep at the same time.

Faith is a funny thing, sitting there all detached from the real, floating along despite all evidence to the contrary, allowing random events to attach and assign meaning. I've been in one of those periods of late where I don't know where I'm going and the fear wells up within me; doubt becomes my default setting and I find it's time to unplug and start again.

Sometimes, it's a chore to know the things we know; so, sitting there watching Sinead act on her impulse to sing songs of hope and pure belief, detached from the institutions assigned to safeguard the mysteries was inspirational.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SINEAD O'CONNOR?!?!?!!!!

I want your job.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. So I've ordered this album. Based on your post. On your blog.
Imagine that.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home