Monday, September 18, 2006

Electrolite



Standing out on my front steps just now, I looked up into the sky and saw a shooting star falling somewhere between Jersey and Manhattan. I made the same wish I made a week or so ago when, stopped at a light, coming home, listening to Michael Stipe sing the line, "You are the star tonight, a sun electric, out of sight; you might eclipse the moon tonight" I looked up and saw the first shooting star I had ever seen from New York City. It was falling through the sky between Jersey and Brooklyn, just above Staten Island.

Allison says I need to stop being surprised when these things happen to me.

I say I'll take all the shooting stars the universe is offering.

When Champ Hood died, there was a story in the Austin Chronicle that a friend of his told about a night he and Champ were sitting around a campfire at Kerrville. Champ looked up into the sky and said, "My goodness, I just saw a shooting star!" His friend said, "well, Champ, you ought to make a wish."

Champ thought for a second and said, "I wish I'd see another . . . "

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to get a hold of you for years now! Finally, FINALLY you look up. How ARE you?

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home